Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring is coming!

Spring Break is officially here at our house, but the spring cleaning has already begun. We started in Brooke's room because it was a hot mess. She is a closet-stuffer. I say "clean your room" and she hears "go shove everything in your closet and slam the door." Here's the thing, she has a rather large walk-in closet. I'm not a math expert but that's quite a bit of  available square footage for a three year old who doesn't like to put things away. So we cleaned out all the clothes that didn't fit, organized her shoes, and took stock of the toys that were left. 

It was all fun and games until she caught me throwing away some of her glow in the dark spiders. That she stole from her brother's room. Neither of them even remembered they existed, which is why it makes perfect sense that she would be horrified to find them in the trash bag. 

Next up was Austin. He is my pack rat. There is no toy too broken or forgotten that he will not fight to keep. Bless him. His tender heart knows no limit. 

FOUR trash bags later, I could finally see the floor of their closets. My kids have too much stuff. It's embarrassing. We picked out a couple of things to pass on to friends and cousins. You know, toys that were still in excellent condition. Sure, we could have taken them to a resale store but I want Austin and Brooke to know that blessing others is important. This was a way for them to give a thoughtful gift without actually having to spend money. 

I have a couple of projects for each of their rooms that I'm working on, but all of that work is pointless if it looks like a bomb went off upstairs. Plus, they both need new spring/summer clothes and I like to take advantage of the spring sales. I'm also a big fan of online shopping for the kids. Because have you tried to shop with little people? Here are a few of my favorite online sites to shop for deals.

hautelook.com: You can join this flash sale site for free and any returns can be made to Nordstrom Rack. Brooke is obsessed with shorts and flip flops so in an effort to save our relationship I ordered these for her. You can't beat $9 for cute flip flops and sandals!
And these sandals for church or to dress up the shorts she picks for the day. 


jane.com: Another site with daily deals. I've ordered leggings and a sweater for myself from this online boutique and wear them all the time. Someone please order this tulle skirt...



You can't beat $19.99 for a super cute skirt you can dress up or down. And speaking of super cute, this yellow shirt is perfect for spring. I can't do yellow so I would probably get the pink.


You can also find great stuff for kids like these princess aprons. 



simpleaddiction.com: I've ordered jewelry from this site and been very pleased. I love this necklace. I would wear it with my new pink shirt. 


 And this leather infinity bracelet is really cute. 



hazelandolive.com This is actually a store in downtown Rockwall, but you can also order some of their stuff online. I love all of their things! I really want this dress. 




And this skirt. 


You know what looks great with this skirt? Sunkissed legs which means I would have to get my self-tanner out so as not to blind anyone. 

It's hard to find great stuff for boys on some of these sites. Well, boys that are no longer babies or toddlers. For Austin, I mostly shop at Old Navy and Target. They have great basics and seem to last all season. 

I'm ready for spring temps and summer nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS